Top 10 Attractions (in my opinion)
I get asked a lot about things to do in Playa Blanca and on the island in general and I must admit there are a lot of things I have yet to do myself but in no particular order I have listed below some of the top 10 attractions I think it is worth while doing while visiting Lanzarote.
Top 10 Attractions
- Timanfaya : what Lanzarote is famous for! The volcanoes!
Take a bus tour or if you have a hire car take a trip out yourself.
- Rancho Texas Zoo: highly enjoyable day out for all the family. An animal park and splash zone. Lots of evening entertainment/shows too. Really enjoyable food. Don’t forget your swimming costume!
- Aqua Lava Water park; located within Playa Blanca, a 10-minute drive from the villas it would be a shame to miss out on this when it is so close. A handy tip…the park offers tickets for half price after 3 pm. Ideal for families with younger children who may only tolerate a small amount of time there.
- Rubicon Marina Market: The market is on twice a week; Wednesdays and Saturday. See the hustle and bustle of traders displaying a variety of items from handmade goods to sunglasses to handbags. Take a few minutes break and enjoy a coffee and cake or something colder in the surrounding cafes and restaurants.
- Submarine Safari at Puerto Calero. Explore the underwater world. This is on my list of things to do on my next visit.
- Take a trip to the beach! 2 of my favourites are Playa Dorada and Playa Flamingo. Plenty of facilities surrounding the beach.
- Fred Olsen express – take the ferry across to Fuerteventura. Bring your car or go as a foot passenger. Again this is something on my list of things to do!
- Boat trips; there are so many of these available in Playa Blanca. I would suggest taking a trip to the tourist ticket office. There is one located at the Rubicon Marina.
- Quadbiking, snorkelling, segways, bike rental – you name it. Playa Blanca has it all. Again I would recommend taking a visit to the tourist ticket office for more information.
- Take a trip to Puerto del Carmen: only a short 20 minute drive away. Plenty of evening shows on offer here including a bus ride to and from Playa Blanca. I did this on my last visit and it was thoroughly enjoyable. I booked through www.excursionslanzarote.com
That’s it, 10 of the top things to do while visiting the beautiful island of Lanzarote. Many I have done myself, but a lot I have not and so many others trips/tours not mentioned above that I have yet to do.